SEARCH HERE

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IPL T20

Yuvi on road to recovery and home

Mumbai: Good news for all Kings XI Punjab fans out there! Yuvi is fighting fit and ready to go.

Yuvraj Singh, who had been laid low after he tore a ligament in his left wrist in late January, told his fans through a video blog on Monday that he was feeling better and proceeding to the KXIP preparatory camp in Mohali.

He said on his video blog: “I am off to Mohali now, my home town. My wrist is feeling better. It’s been a couple of days I have been practicing so hopefully, for the first or second game, I should be fit.”

The dashing southpaw had earlier in the week tweeted about his progress. He had said that he was feeling good about his progress towards being fit for IPL after having batted "around 70 to 80 balls".

The all-rounder tweeted, “Wrist hurts a little bit but it will get better as I progress my training but feels good holding my bat after such a long time. Wrist was a bit sore but will definitely get better during the next few days. Really felt good after hitting a few balls. Should play first or second game max!"

In his blog, Yuvraj stated that he had even participated in a charity match for former Mumbai wicket-keeper Sameer Dighe. He said, “It’s been tough sitting out a couple of weeks but I am all geared up now so. (Played in) A little charity game for Sameer Dighe, friend of Sachin Tendulkar, played a few shots. So looking good at the moment.”

He then asked his fans to wish him well for the upcoming tournament.

Kngs XI Punjab are scheduled to play their first match on March 13 in Mohali against Delhi Daredevils. Yuvraj’s return would be a blessing for the team, which is currently dealing with injuries to three of their other key players: Brett Lee, Australian opener Shaun Marsh, and Irfan Pathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment